Thank you for your interest in Kansas Expocentre/SMG. We accept applications and resumes for posted positions only.
All openings are posted to the Department of Labor website at: www.KansasWorks.com
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans to apply. VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
Applications will be accepted through the date shown next to each position.
Full Time Livestock Operations Laborer:
Applications will be taken through the end of business through July 5-July 31 only.
Please apply during those dates at: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1152751&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000233829706
Job Title: Livestock Operations Laborer
Reports To: Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Full Time
Performs facility set-up, tear-down, clean-up and oversees the physical operation of the facility prior to, during, and after events. Light to moderate building maintenance is included in these requirements.
- Performs routine to moderate tasks, setting up facility inventory per instructions received from Livestock Operations Manager, per Work Orders issued by Event Coordinators.
- Interacting with clients, serving their needs within the confines of state and local laws, and provides physical facility needs and performs custodial duties.
- Performs routine to moderate tasks maintaining livestock arena, exercise arena, stall barn, facility floors, chairs, staging, risers, and other inventory as needed.
- Performs moderate to difficult set-ups in livestock facilities and works around some livestock.
- Performs operation of Kansas Expocentre machinery, included fork lifts, skid steer, tractor, and pick-up trucks.
- Moderate to heavy physical exertion and large amounts of walking will be required. Employees may be required to work in extreme heat or cold. Employees may work indoors or out, and may work in dusty work environments.
- Irregular hours will include week days, week-ends, evening shifts and holidays.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and other Requirements
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- Must be physically capable of heavy lifting (50 pounds), assembly and orderly set-up or physical facility inventory items including livestock arena panels, livestock bedding, sports turf and other even driven needs.
- Candidates must possess and maintain a valid Kansas Driver’s License.
- Must possess basic to above average communication skills, including the ability to speak and understand the English language, in order to interact with show managers, show representatives, vendors, the general public and part time and hired help
- Must have basic mathematical skills to assist in expediting the set-up of physical facility inventory.
- We prefer candidates with experience in the operation of forklifts, skid steers, tractors and/or pickup trucks.
- Candidates must be able to follow orders explicitly, be capable of working as part of a team, and be able to work well with other individuals. Candidates should be able to work alone if required, and be able to complete tasks up to and including final clean up and putting tools and supplies back to their assigned storage areas.
This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive, or to represent specific duties of any one candidate. The knowledges, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combinations of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative action employer, and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans to apply. VEVRRA Federal contractor.